Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cannon Beach, Oregon

We took our first offical family vacation since Logan was born. Darin had a little time off in between jobs so we decided to drive to Cannon Beach, Oregon and stay on the beach at a resort. Choosing to go in February was a good move on our part, we got a great off season deal at this really nice resort. Our room was right on the beach with a full few of the ocean and "Haystack Rock".
We spent most of our time walking the beach, digging in the sand and looking at the waves. Cameron of course spent all of his time finding the biggest sticks on the beach....

This is the view of "Haystack rock" from our room. If you happen to have been blessed with an 80's memory, you might remember this from the movie "Goonies".
It was definately a little cold on the beach but not as bad as you would think. The sun was shining for most of our trip and we were able to spend a lot of time outside. Bella was obsessed with trying to construct a sand castle. I think she just enjoyed digging...
Logan was actually sick during the whole trip but in pretty good spirits. This is a sleepy shot of him all bundled up on the beach.

Again, this is on the beach right outside our room.



3 comments:

Matthews said...

Love the photos and I think I've been there...I visited a friend in Portland and we drove to the ocean for a day. Looks familiar! Love the rocks.

Troop 41653 said...

Congratulations on the great trip, I'm glad you guys managed a great break for Darin before starting up the grind again!
Our family vacation was to Ocean Shores the week after Christmas every year. I still love the beach in the winter better than any time!

Lori said...

I love a windy beach myself... :) Looks like you guys had a good time!